• The child who lives with criticism learns to condemn
• The child who lives with hostility learns to fight
• The child who lives with ridicule learns to be shy
• The child who lives with shame learns to feel guilty
• The child who lives with tolerance learns to be patient
• The child who lives with encouragement learns confidence
• The child who lives with praise learns to appreciate
• The child who lives with fairness learns justice
• The child who lives with security learns to have faith
• The child who lives with approval learns to like himself
• The child who lives with acceptance and friendship learns to find love in the world.
I think, Commandments of Parenting is the need of the hour. Children need love. Love nurturing the relationships. They need the physical protection and discipline with appropriate experience for their individual development. They need the community support with the cultural experiences and faith. They need to build a better and protective future. These are the factors that the parents too need for their own development in today’s time!
Asking a few questions and the truth finds way! Do the kids get particular kind of teaching it needs to learn in school? Do they get relaxed time with parents, communicate with them or watch TV, video or games on their own? How far are the limits set for them? Are they socially sound? How good they eat or keep the faith? These and many questions raise an eyebrow and one finds that many times, parents lack in their upbringing unknowingly.
Read more in Commandments of Parenting in 'Guardian of Angels' - My book is available @ amazon.com
- ilaxi patel
Author of Guardian of Angels: A practical guide to Joyful Parenting