Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Education for life? Missing....! There is an old Latin tag: “Non schola sed vita discimus” means, We learn not for school but for life." No more is this applicable because neither teacher nor student has even taken it seriously. Education system requires to be reformed. It also have to stress the responsibility of knowledge where ‘knoweldge is power’. Moral education has fallen into disrepute. Knowledge and knowledge people have to take responsibility to safeguard the morality in education. Education fuels economy and shapes society is the factor one should remember.

Three hundred years ago, Descartes said, “I think I am” but now technology changes minds and one can say, “I see therefore I am”. However, I end with the logical thinking “I keep myself aware and informed with technology and new sweeping wave of changes and therefore, “I AM” – Education without experience and exposure is Incomplete, after all!

- Blossomsmile ilaxi
Editor, Kidsfreesouls.com

No comments: