Wednesday, May 03, 2006

There is an old Latin tag: “Non schola sed vita discimus” means, We learn not for school, but for life."

No longer is this applicable because neither teacher nor student takes it seriously. Educational systems require reform. It also stresses the responsibility of knowledge where ‘knoweldge is power.’ Moral education has fallen into disrepute. Knowledge and knowledgeable people have to take responsibility to safeguard the morality in education. Education fuels economy and shapes society and is the key factor one should remember.

Three hundred years ago, Descartes said, “I think, therefore I am” but now technology changes minds and one can say, “I see, therefore I am”. However, I end with the logical thinking: “I keep myself aware and informed with technology and new sweeping waves of changes and therefore, 'I AM'” – Education without experience and exposure is incomplete, after all!

- ilaxi

No comments: